Cookies are files which can be stored on your computer when you visit a web presence. These files contain information about the web pages you look at so that the next time you visit the same presence it can be customised to meet your needs. Whilst our presence stores cookies, we do not actively use them at this time. If we decide to use them in the future, we will include full details in this statement, and they will not be associated with any personal information.
Virus and malware protection
We make every effort to check and test the material on our site for malicious software or 'malware'. However, Barnsley Live cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system or information contained on it, which may occur as a result of using material from our site. It is always advisable to run an anti-virus program on any material downloaded from the internet.
If an email infected with malicious software is sent to us, it will be deleted automatically before it reaches our email system. Please be aware that if you have unintentionally sent us an email infected with malicious software, it will not reach us.
Barnsley Live provides links to external sites that are considered relevant, useful and suitable. However, Barnsley Council cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or availability of material contained on these web presences and does not accept any liability in connection with any information or services provided. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages and do not necessarily endorse the views or decisions in them.
Some external web presences, such as search engines, will provide links from their web presence to our web presence. As we update our web presence some of these links will inevitably become out of date and stop working. Barnsley Council has no control over the links that are hosted on external web presences.
Social networking icons
The social networking icons that are used throughout the site are provided by the following external source:
- Social Network Icon Pack by Komodo Media, Rogie King is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
- Based on a work www.komodomedia.com.
There are several other icons used throughout our website. Attributions for them are as follows:
- Clipboard 3 icon: Part of: Quartz icon pack; Author: Andy Gongea; http://www.graphicrating.com/; License: Free
- Phone blue icon: Part of: IconFinder icon pack; Author: Iconfinder; http://www.iconfinder.net; License: CC Attribution No Derivatives
- Bin icon: Part of: Archigraphs Collection; Designer: Archigraphs; Licence: Freeware
- Android Maps icon: Part of: Android icon pack; Author: DsynFLO Creations, http://bharathp666.deviantart.com; License: Free
- Social Network Icon Pack by Komodo Media, Rogie King is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.komodomedia.com.