Take Part in Barnsley's Annual Mayors Parade
Our annual Civic ceremony is your chance to show off your group, gain new members for your club or promote your business. By taking part in the parade you will be showcasing what you want to advertise to the wealth of people who line the streets of Barnsley every year!
Don't miss out on the chance to celebrate Barnsley! If you want a float, or have an army of volunteers who want to take part…let us know! Leave no creative stone unturned with the inventiveness of your costumes, props, music etc. We want to see your imagination shine through and enjoy the carnival atmosphere we create each year!
There are three prizes and judges will award trophies in the following categories (All entries must be in position by 10.30am to be eligible for judging):
- Best Float
- Best Walking Group
- Mayor's Award - Outstanding Contribution to the Parade
Everyone is brought together on one day to celebrate the Mayor and everything we're proud about in Barnsley!
You make the day!
A number of changes have been made to the format of the Mayors Parade please take the time to read the following information carefully.
- The Parade start time is usually 12noon. If you arrive later that 11.45pm you will be placed at the rear of the parade not in your allocated position.
- On arrival you will be met by a steward and directed to your marshalling point.
- Vehicles Floats are permitted, but limited in size to vehicles no larger than a transit sized van and driven at a maximum speed of 5mph.
- Vehicle float entries will only be accepted subject to the receipt of a relevant activity risk assessment, provision of valid MOT Certificate for vehicle and Insurance certificate. On the day of the event the driver will be required to present his valid licence to the parade marshal for validation.
If you require any guidance please contact us. For further general information about the parade please click here.